Pauly on Tour

The boy from Waipuk having a look around.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Hello friends and family,

I thought I would set up a little blog to record my travels abroad, cos I am likely to be slack at communication otherwise. I will try to keep it updated often, especially when I have some interesting stuff to tell + show.

Me mate Richard Duirs + I head off on our travels this Wednesday August 16th at 1:15pm from Auckland. Reg do you know where our tickets are?

Here is a rundown of our travel plans:

16th - 30th Aug Indonesia, After passing customs without any foreign items being placed in our bags we will spend 2 weeks surfing on an island called Lombok Northeast of the main tourist island Bali. We will be staying at Kuta Lombok for the bulk of the time as the surf is good close by. Hopefully I will get some diving in too.
http://www.globalsurfers.com/region.cfm?Regio=Lombok&land=Indonesia

30 Aug - 01 Sept Singapore, 1 night staying with Reg's old Hillcrest mate Grofski + his girlfriend Sasha, and seeing the city (Thanks guys!)

01 - 03 Sept Amsterdam, 2 nights in Amsterdam having deep conversations in the cafe's man.

03 - 06 Sept London, 3 nights crashing at the flat I will be living in while I am living in London. Flatting with good HB mates, Sam Edwards + girlfriend Becks, Scott McKensie + Jase Miratana. Reg will show me around his old haunts around the city, and recover from Amsterdam no doubt.

06 - 25 Sept Portugal, 2 +1/2 weeks of pure surfing bliss up the west coast.
http://www.penichesurfcamp.com/
We fly into Lisbon and will take the bus to meet Sam Edwards + Scott mcKenzie at a fishing town called Peniche. Sam + Macca will only be there for a few days, but Reg + I will stay on few a week or more then hire a car and drive up the coast towards Porto stopping along the way at any surf break we find.
Porto is famous for making Port, so we may miss a few early morning surfs. Johanna is going to fly from Austria to meet us up there on the 18th.

25th Sept onwards I start looking for work in London and do some weekend missions with Reg to Cardiff to see Bags + Laura + up to see my brother Iain + his wife Jo in Derby. Reg's parents will be around in London then too so we should have a good old time exploring the old city.

13th October Regy gets back to NZ looking forward to seeing his lovely girlfriend Lauren.

I will be staying on in the UK to work and see Europe. I have got no return date as yet, but bribes of best man status at weddings and being a godfather to your children and I will call my travel agent.

Here are my contact details while I am away:
email: digitalpiz[removethis]@gmail.com
UK mobile: +44 07772 741510
House: 75 Brouncker Road, W38AF Acton London

I will miss you all heaps, and look forward to when we meet again.

- Pauly + his untrusty side kick Regirooni Duirs

6 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Giddy up - let the insanity begin Jerry!!! I'm out there and I'm travelling the world baby!

 
At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to get your Email from Singapore hope you have a great time on Aunty Yvonne,s friend,s house boat. Sorry to tell you Aunty Ruth died on Wed nite funeral on Mon 4th Sep.
Cheerio love Mum and Dad.

 
At 3:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Abject apologies from Dad,as he was on the 'phone to Jo up north. We could have howled when we realised we'd missed your call !
so glad you're javing a great time. I suppose it's too late to say hello to Yvonne and Phil on this visit,but hopefully you'll be talking to them before too long again.We're looking forward to seeing your photos of Amsterdam.Lov

 
At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Reg and Paulie,
Missing you boys heaps! The stories and photo's are awesome. Keep on rocking and have a great time in Portugal.

Lots of Love, Claire
P.S. Do you have email addresses or is this the only means to communicate with you? How can I write sordid, R18 messages to you without Johanna and Lauren seeing?*%#?

 
At 3:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bad luck Claire - we'd see your messages too !!!
Looking forward to hearing about Portugal. All well this end - the shearing school did the hoggetts this week and lambing going well as the weather has been very mild. Much love, Mum and Dad XXXX

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely photos Paul - I almost expected to see Miss elizabeth Bennett instead of Iain! The flat looks great too. Much love, Mum xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home